The Bullock Wagon
Owned by the Shandley family the bullock wagon was drawn by up to 18 bullocks. The wagon was used for general cartage. It was also used in road building and timber cartage. It hauled timber from the surrounding hills to the Powlett River Coal mines from 1909.
Bullock wagons were used to shift buildings from Jumbunna and Outrim to Wonthaggi. They also transported coal from the mine to Inverloch prior to the rail being completed in February 1910.
Donated to Wonthaggi & District Historical Society in 1960 by William George Shandley.